New features and updates to Memento Yearbook
This article was last updated on September 14th 2023
You also can check out what is coming next for the app, and see what other clients are asking for in this forum. Add your support for any suggestions posted - the more "votes" an idea receives, the more likely it is to make it to the development team.
Feel free to contribute your own ideas too if they aren't already listed. Your feedback helps us make a stronger product.
To quickly view the new features we are adding, we have changed the format to make it easier:
- 8 - Shape Collage Yearbook Layouts. We are thrilled to unveil our latest innovation – the ‘Shape Collage’ collection! Crafted with passion and precision, this series introduces unique layouts inspired by familiar forms and patterns.
- 13 standout yearbook layout options ideal for senior accolades, top quotes, preschool aspirations, and more.
- Explore our fresh Comic Strip layouts, perfect for capturing humorous moments in your yearbook, just like in a comic book. We've added and updated over 15 designs for you!
- Discover our new Arrow clipart collection, featuring over 24 designs ready to enhance your yearbook!
- HEIC Upload Support - We're thrilled to announce a new feature update: Direct HEIC and HEIF photo uploads from the book manager, editor, and community album. Recognizing that this was a top request from our Apple iPhone users—who frequently capture moments in HEIC format—we've gone ahead and incorporated it. What makes this update even more exciting? We are the pioneers in the yearbook software space to natively support these photo formats. Enjoy seamless photo integration like never before!
Publisher Dashboard - We have significantly accelerated the order pane by integrating a pagination system for viewing individual orders. This enhancement streamlines the process and boosts the speed of accessing Export sales.
Publisher Dashboard - Introduce a new feature in the Order tab to quickly view your fundraising performance with real-time totals.
Publisher Dashboard - Enhance your sales reporting by adding the option to directly select a school before generating a report.
Publisher Dashboard - Customize your product availability according to your local time and timezone, thus controlling when a product should start or stop selling on your online storefront.
Book Manager - Streamline your community album creation process with a new option to automatically generate a corresponding Photo album, making photo transfers easier than ever.
- Elements (Clipart) - Aspect Ratio Resize - You asked for it, and we listened! As a result, from now on, elements will only be resizable with an aspect ratio lock. This will prevent errors and bad visuals that users often encounter when resizing clipart.
- Duplicate Portrait - We've made duplicating portraits a breeze! This new feature will be helpful in various situations, such as when a teacher has multiple roles in different classes. With just one click, you can set this condition and have the book reflow accordingly.
- Deactivate Book Product - You can now deactivate a book product, preventing it from being assigned to a yearbook for a school. This feature allows you to phase out a book product's use gradually.
- UX Improvement - Move Photo Dialog - We've enhanced the move photo dialog to make it easier to rearrange photos in your publisher dashboard. You can now clearly distinguish between "Backgrounds photo album" and "Elements photo album."
Bug Fix - Editing Covers in Publisher Dashboard - We've fixed a bug preventing you from seeing the proper available covers when editing covers in the publisher dashboard.
Deluxe New Book Template & Cover - We're introducing the first series of deluxe yearbook templates that we've been working on
- Back To School (35 pages)
- Brighter Rainbows (32 pages)
- Comic Wow (29 pages)
- Emoji - 1 (27 pages)
- Little Flamboyant(28 pages)
- Little Pirates(30 pages)
- Monster 1 (35 pages)
- New Layouts & Elements
- Collage - Various (89 layouts)
- Theme - Senior Ads (11 layouts)
- Collage - Shape (6 layouts)
- Elements - Back to School (121)
- Elements - Cute Faces (35)
- Elements - Emoji (1000)
- Elements - Hearts (57)
- Elements - Make Believes Collection (227)
- Elements - Monsters (76)
- Elements - Robots (97)
- We're thrilled to announce a major update, designed to keep up with the growing demand from our ever-expanding community of yearbook enthusiasts by deploying a new dedicated image server for image uploads & proofing.
- Fix a bug with SendPublisherWebhookFailedEmail not sending.
- Add 22 comic and neon-comic single-page backgrounds. Click here to see what is new.
- 108 new single-page backgrounds added - Click here to see what is new.
- 20 new cliparts added - Click here to see what is new.
- 11 Senior Ads layout added - Click here to see what is new.
- Admin can now edit their profile details.
- Customize the email proofing message.
- Add team-management knowledge base documentation.
- Update the server code to prevent users from using illegal characters when creating an admin, as it prevented them from logging in to the book.
- Update all servers to faster instances for a better user experience during the peak season.
- Update the core framework of the yearbook cloud to deploy the upcoming features.
Older items with the older format :
Display more information regarding the minimum/maximum possible pages and the current number of pages. 2021-11-18
Upgrade all servers for greater speed, stability and performance. 2020-04-20
Rename image file names in the Yearbook & Community albums. 2020-08-19
Photos display file names. 2020-01-22
Errors caused by two clients using the same login credentials simultaneously resolved. 2020-01-22
Entire sections may be assigned/unassigned to team members. 2019-10-23
Update performance of browsing and searching of photos by 200%. 2021-11-18
Photo Album called "Portraits" let you drag and drop A la carte students. 2021-11-18
Image usage count in Memento Yearbook! 2021-11-04
Frame resize & zoom handles display cursor control. 2020-09-30
Image frame rotation handle Alt-key rotation moves to a finer 7.5 degree increment (no longer 45 degrees). 2020-09-30
Zoom & Pan your page in the Editor. 2020-08-11
Text drop-shadow added. 2020-07-29
Frames on the canvas nudged into position using the keyboard arrow keys. 2020-03-18
Zoom and crop enabled on background of a page. 2020-03-17
Splitter tool added to create rows & columns from a single image frame. 2020-01-22
Photos, backgrounds and elements display file names. 2020-01-22
Photos may be sorted by file name or upload date, ascending or descending order. 2020-01-22
Search for photos and elements by filename. 2020-01-22
Flip image vertically added to image editor. 2019-11-08
Add empty image frame without adding photos directly to the canvas. 2019-11-08
Pan, zoom and rotate will reset by double-clicking on their handles. 2019-10-14
Font preview: see your font choices in the editor. 2019-09-11
New user interface and experience for property editing in the Editor. 2019-08-08
Low res warning to let you know when your internet-download image may not be up to the quality you need. 2019-06
Transparency slider added for photos, backgrounds & elements. 2018-11
Photos as backgrounds: set a photo to automatically cover the entire background of your page. 2018-11
Layouts,Templates, Backgrounds & Elements
Publishers may access unpublished template collections when editing their clients' books. 2020-10-08
New themed layouts added - track & field, volleyball, swimming, tennis, arts & performance, media & technology, music and Covid-19. 2020-08-13
Eleven new fonts added to the Editor. 2020-08-11
New themed layouts added - baseball, football, soccer, basketball, monsters, chalk doodles, comic heroes, comic strip;, Halloween, holidays and Year-in-Review. 2020-08-11
Publisher-created layouts appear in Layouts tab for their clients. 2020-07-29
Publisher-uploaded backgrounds and elements appear in the school's page editor. 2020-07-29
Layouts tab revamped into collections of coordinated layouts. 020-07-29
Templates versus layouts distinction removed. 2020-07-29
"Number of images" toggle removed in layouts. 2020-07-29
New templates available: Doodle, Watercolor, Basketball, Football. 2019-10-14
Layouts & templates conform to page safe guidelines. 2019-10-14
A large collection of layouts is now available and template collections is growing steadily. 2019-09-23
Doodles collection added to decorations. 2019-09-20
Backgrounds can be dragged as a decorative element to your page. 2018-11
Portrait Database & Portrait Pages
Enhance label display to avoid 2 lines problems 2021-06-12
Portrait wizard includes the ability to sort for a particular group and a related sub-groups (eg: Grade: 6 + Teacher: Smith or Grade: 6 + Homeroom: 425). 2020-03-18
Title and Salutation available in batch edit mode. 2020-02-18
List of groups in portrait page wizard made larger so as to display the entire group category and name. 2020-02-10
Portrait labels include option to display full name, first name only, last name only or no name. 2020-02-10
Portrait page flow and render speed optimized. 2020-02-10
Portrait page user interface reorganized to be more intuitive. 2020-01-22
Condense one or more portrait groups to a single page within a section. 2020-01-22
Side label position may be on edge or gutter (all section or per page). 2020-01-22
Speed improvements when deleting people in the portrait database. 2020-01-22
Video tutorials for staff pages and label position. 2020-01-22
Database refreshed after new import or delete (no hanging). 2020-01-22
New demo video for portrait pages has been published. 2019-10-23
Multiple portraits may be featured (feature teacher). 2019-08-13
Enhanced portrait selection mechanism in Portraits tab. 2019-08-13
More options for portrait page labels and titles. 2019-06
Proofing, Review & PDF rendering
Bulk reject pages in any state of proofing on a per section basis (section menu) or the entire book (book menu). 2020-05-01
Pages approved for printing may be rejected individually or an entire section. 2019-10-23
Portrait pages approved for printing may be rejected within a section in a single option. 2019-10-23
Direct-ship-to-home now available if the publisher has enabled it. 2020-10-05
School storefront order overview shows who has/has not purchased yearbooks yet via you online storefront. 2019-11-12
School storefronts now available with custom book pricing (Publisher dashboard) and sales tracking (YB App for Editors-in-Chief). 2019-10-02
All new team members with an email address included in their setup receive login invitation emails. 2020-10-08
Sorts book products properly in combobox 2021-11-18
A small tooltip glitch was fixed... "Reject book proof" tooltip now appears correctly. 2021-11-18
Team management in the publisher dashboard. 2021-07-21
Storefront set up now includes the ability to offer direct-ship-to-home with a flat delivery fee. 2020-10-05
Only active (unexpired) books appear under a school's listing in the Publisher dashboard. 2020-08-19
Mark books as complete (force-expiration). 2020-08-20
View expired book licenses using a filter to declutter book list. 2020-08-19
Make schools inactive in the publisher dashboard. 2020-08-19
Layout publishing mechanism: create collections of layouts for school-clients. Five 100-page collections are included for free with additional bundles available to order. 2020-07-29
Publishers may create background & elements collections for their clients. Five 100-image collections are included for free with additional bundles available to order. 2020-07-29
Turn off Memento Yearbook layouts, backgrounds and/or embellishment collections. 2020-07-29
Add redirect for support to your own knowledge base, ticketing and chat services. 2020-05-01
Add custom branding to emails sent to clients. 2020-05-01
Export book order details in one of four formats (basic, labels, accounting, details) in three file types (csv, xml, json) with a custom date range. 2019-10-31
Email send/received/fail status added for books, client info update available for unregistered books. 2019-10-11
1 person likes this